Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Extraordinary Twitter Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

For this last post, I've decided to go out with a bang and a reference to one of my favorite books, by Charles Mackay. Latest in date, Twitter (as in, Twitter will save the world).

A new contender, Karim Gargum, a self-proclaimed online marketing expert, proclaimed that Twitter will menace google, because people will from now on search for content on Twitter rather than google.

His presentation is below.



If you clicked on the hyperlink on the genius' name, you noticed it's a broken link. Yes, the visionary can't even get a URL right.

So let me join with David Letterman (check Billy's blog if you haven't seen the video yet), and conclude: THIS IS FUCKING STUPID PEOPLE!! (also note the use of the fleeting expletive - the FCC has jurisdiction over broadcast, not the internet).

With that, I bid you farewell.

1 comment:

  1. I am honored that you reference my blog in your final blog post. Cheers dude!

    ReplyDelete