Monday, May 4, 2009

Why Twitter is useless, as far as journalism is concerned

I understand that my feelings for Twitter put me in the minority in the class. I argue that Twitter is a useless piece of junk, tailored for hipsters / virtual social networking fiends / blind lovers of mark zuckerberg. I further argue that Twitter, and any site of the sort, will have no positive impact / have no future, as far as quality online journalism is concerned.

While a lot of people will call me heretic, numbers have emerged that indicate that I may be right after all. According to Marketing Charts, only 41.7% of Twitter users DISagree with the fact that "you should follow people who follow YOU". Meaning that 58.3% of users do not disagree with that statement. Also, 58.1% of users do not disagree with the statement "people you follow should follow you back."

Now people, if this is not the proof that Twitter, like facebook, is an ego-boosting medium with no educational value, I don't know what is. "People should follow me because I follow them"?! And this community is supposed to be the future of journalism?

No comments:

Post a Comment